Kenya Tanzania Wildlife Beach Holidays
Nairobi / Mombasa Beach
Short Road Safaris - Mombasa
Nairobi Airport Hotels Road Transfer
Ruwenzori mountain Climbing and trekking Uganda | Uganda mountains climbing to Rwenzori from Kampala or Entebbe (7 days)
Ruwenzori, otherwise known as “Mountains of the Moon” has the third highest peak in Africa. The Rwenzori is part of the national park of the same name and contains 6 snow-capped peaks. You can hike this mountain without any special climbing equipment unless you want to go for the peaks. The mist covered mountain range stretches for about 100 km.
Camp cooks will prepare meals and accommodation is in mountain huts or tents.
Arrival, pick and trasfer to a Kampala hotel on all meals
Day 2: Kampala/ Kasese
Breakfast and leave from Kampala to Kasese across the equator and throughout the Rift Valley to your overnight stop at Kasese.
Dinner and overnight at Hotel Margarita.
Day 3/6: Ruwenzori climbing
Assisted by guides and porters you hike up to one of seven intermediate stages. There is a great diversity of vegetation, the chance of spotting some wild animals and breathtaking views. The route chosen for you will be based on your skills and experience.
Day 7: Rwenzori/Kampala
Return to Kampala via Mbarara passing through small villages with their Ankole cattle and viewing numerous matoke plantations, arriving late afternoon.
- Accommodation and meals at Hotel Margarita on 1st day as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation in tents with 2 persons per tent during climb
- Services of a cook to prepare meals during the climb
- Service of a mountain guide (English speaking) and porters
- Government taxes
- Extras at the hotel i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- International flight
- Departure tax
- Tips to guides, porters and drivers
- Climbing equipment and sleeping bags
Uganda Gorilla Safaris